Sunday, May 17, 2009

real gangsta shix

“Are you prepared?”

 

Cold chills, clammy hands, of course I’m not prepared, what are you, some sort of dunce?

 

“Yeah.”

 

“After this, there’s no turning back, you will be one of us. This is the last step, are you sure that you can do it?”

 

Well, when you put it like that, how am I supposed to feel good? You’re not helping at all, I swear you are senile. Asking stupid questions right before this. I suppose I’m not supposed to succeed now am I? Why don’t you go play some pocket pool, you look like you need it.

 

“Yeah. I think.”

 

“You think, you think? No, there is no time to think, there is no time to second guess, you have to be sure, you have to be positive, you have to succeed, there is no time for you to simply think right now, it is going down there is no time to simply sit there on you ass and just simply thin-“

 

“Okay! Okay! I got it, I can do it okay? I can do it.” Great now I need to grit my teeth and simply…

 

“Here, it was suggested that I give this to you. Don’t think.”

 

What is this? A Beretta? You know I hate Berettas, can’t you have given me a Glock or a USP? Even a Kahr would’ve been better. You know I hate Berettas. You know…

 

Click.  He checked the magazine. Fully loaded, good. Click. Pulled on the slide, smooth action. Click. Cocked the hammer, he’s ready. Click. Safety’s off, no turning back now.

 

In the window, my eyes met his briefly, it was a strange feeling. I had seen those eyes somewhere before. It was almost as if I were looking at a corpse. The living dead some call it. The cats ran away. Sixth sense? Perhaps.

 

Click. That was a lighter. I hope you know smoking is not a healthy habit. It’ll kill you. Well, you haven’t much long to live anyway.

 

Click. The door opened.

 

“Hi there, you’re a dead man now.”

 

Click. Bang, bang.

My eyes met his briefly once again in the window and I knew, he and I were one and the same. You know I hate Berettas. How did they know? How did they know? “Don’t think.” Was it like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment